Our client is a leader in the rapidly expanding field of online currency trading services for retail and institutional traders. The firm operates out of offices in Cyprus, London, Paris, Hong Kong, Sydney and Sofia.
The Compliance Associate, Regulatory Research and Development (RRD) falls under the Advisory function within the Compliance Department and is required to develop a comprehensive understanding of financial regulations and their application to the Firm`s business. The individual works with internal stakeholders from all departments to provide regulatory guidance and to advise on compliant processes.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Staying abreast of the regulatory environment and expectations
- Analysis of incoming regulations and support implementation
- Administering a number of key compliance responsibilities, including but not limited to new regulated entity application process, regulatory research, regulatory notifications
- Supporting the Compliance Advisory (RRD) Vice President in the continual evaluation and implementation of relevant Compliance policies, procedures and processes
- Drafting of written policies and procedures
- Conducting gap analysis of policies and procedures and assist with the remediation of noted deficiencies
- Handling external requests for information from regulatory bodies/external stakeholders
- Assisting in projects that have regulatory implications and covering Compliance questions by project stakeholders
- 1-3 years of compliance or related legal experience
- A degree in Law, Finance, Business or related field
- Fluent English
- Fluent Spanish or Italian
- Good technical skills
- Experience with Share Point, Salesforce is a plus
- Demonstrable track record in designing and implementing procedures in a timely, pragmatic and collaborative way
- Knowledge of the EU regulatory framework (including MiFID II); ASIC and FSCA knowledge
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to prioritize in a fast moving, constantly changing environment
- Effective communicator
- Good organizational skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
- High level of accuracy/attention to detail -- quality output
- Interpersonal skills
- Maintains and promotes high ethical standards by demonstrating honesty, integrity, professionalism and fair dealing at all times internally and externally, promoting and enhancing the good reputation of the Firm.
Working hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 - 6:00 pm WFH optional
If you are interested, please send your CV in English.
All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. IC Recruiting Ltd. Recruitment license from National Agency of Employment No 2087/22.07.2016.